Key highlights of this blog post
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
Serves: 10 People
1. Water 10 cups
2. Coriander seeds 3 tbsp.
3. Fennel seeds 1 tbsp.
4. Cumin 1 tsp.
5. Turmeric ½ tsp.
6. Ginger grated 1 tbsp.
7. 6 pods of cardamom
8. Jaggery /sucanat for taste
1. In a big pot, pour 10 cups of water and start heating it.
2. In a mortar, crush coriander, fennel, cumin and cardamom and add to boiling water in the pot.
3. Add grated ginger and turmeric to boiling water.
4. Let this tea boil for about 5 min.
5. Add jaggery/sucanat and boil for 2 more min.
6. Turn the heat off, cover the pot and let the tea steep for at least 5 min before serving it.
7. Serve the hot tea as it is or add little dairy/soy/rice/almond milk.
1. Fennel and Cardamom help to balance Vata
2. Coriander and Jaggery/sucanat help to balance Pitta
3. Cumin, Turmeric and Ginger help to balance Kapha
4. Can be fine-tune-customized by adjusting the quantity of herbs to suit the individual mind-body type.
5. Can be consumed by everyone in all seasons
6. Helps both sick people in healing and healthy people in maintaining health